Dear Seniors, Parents, and Guardians:
Welcome back to school – it’s going to be an exciting year! We are reaching out to Thornton Academy seniors and their families concerning the Thornton Academy yearbook, the 2019-20 edition of the Tripod. We want the yearbook experience to be fun and rewarding for everyone, so here are the important items, including deadlines, you need to know.
Senior Photos: Digital photos are required. Printed photos cannot be accepted.
- Size and resolution of all senior photos: 300 dpi (resolution) and 5”H x 3.75”W (size; portrait-style)
- By Friday, November 1st:
- Upload your photo to this Google Form: https://forms.gle/As5BijyVc7Jcd9A77
- The November 1st deadline must be met in order to guarantee the submitted photo is used in the yearbook.
- In the event a student has not submitted a senior photo, his/her school ID photo will be used instead.
- Problems with the Google form? Email a JPG file of your senior photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include the student’s full name—no nicknames—when submitting photos.
- Please note: All photographs will be reviewed by Tripod advisors, and Thornton Academy reserves the right to make all final publishing decisions.
Senior Messages: Senior messages are a great way to send a last message to friends, family, teachers or coaches!
- By Friday, November 1st: Students should submit their message/quote online by logging into their TA email and use the following link to enter their message/quote: https://forms.gle/P18FsxCiS4WNSzuV8
- Please note: All messages/quotes will be reviewed by Tripod advisors, and Thornton Academy reserves the right to make all final publishing decisions.
Baby Ads: Baby ads give parents, siblings, grandparents and others a space to talk about the pride they have for their student.
- By Friday, November 1st: Submit your baby ad; submission by Nov. 1st guarantees a space in the yearbook.
- Ads come in two sizes:
- 1/4 of a page $60 Can contain up to 5 images and a personal message
- 1/8 of a page $50 Can contain up to 3 images and a personal message
- Create Your Ad: To ensure baby ads come out right, ad purchasers will design their own ads using our yearbook ordering website: yearbookforever.com — When you log onto the website, search for “Thornton Academy”, then click on “Create a Baby Ad,” and follow the on-screen directions to create your ad.
- IMPORTANT: The ad blockers on your web browser must be turned OFF to access the Baby Ad builder.
- OR … Come to Baby Ad Night! Too confusing? Need help? Come to Baby Ad Night!
- Tripod staff members will help families/friends to design their baby ad(s) online. More details to follow in a separate email to seniors and their parents/guardians.
- When/where: Tuesday, October 29th from 6:30-8:00 PM, New Media Center/FA142. Mark your calendars!
Ordering: Yearbooks are available for order throughout the year. Order forms and information are available in three locations: in the New Media Center/FA142, at the Attendance Office, or online at www.yearbookforever.com
- You are also able to purchase add-ons to your book:
- Nameplate personalization $ 7 Must be purchased by January 20, 2020
- Please note! The price of the yearbook rises as the year progresses— order yours early to save!
Order between now and December 31, 2019 $70
Order between January 1 and March 31, 2020 $75
Order between April 1 and June 12, 2020 $80
- PAYMENT OPTIONS: We regret that Tripod is not able to accept cash or checks. Yearbooks must be ordered with credit card payment through the yearbook vendor website. Order online at yearbookforever.com
If you have any questions, please contact Tripod faculty advisor Mr. Pulsifer (email@example.com). Thank you!