Dear Seniors, Parents, and Guardians:
Welcome back to school – it’s a unique year! We are reaching out to Thornton Academy seniors and their families concerning the Thornton Academy yearbook, the 2020-21 edition of Tripod. We want the yearbook experience to be fun and rewarding for everyone, so here are the important items, including deadlines, you need to know.
Senior Photos: Digital photos are required. Printed photos cannot be accepted.
- Size and resolution of all senior photos: 300 dpi (resolution) and 4.5”H x 3.75”W (size; portrait-style) by Friday, November 20th:
- Upload your photo to this Google form (updated link): https://forms.gle/PkeqNBkE6dg1frxs9
§ Please share this link with your photographer if they will be submitting a photo on your behalf. You can also access this link on www.thorntontripod.org
- The November 20th deadline must be met in order to guarantee the submitted photo is used in the yearbook.
- In the event a student has not submitted a senior photo, his/her school ID photo will be used instead.
- Problems with the Google form? Please email Mr. Pulsifer at email@example.com
- Please include the student’s full name—no nicknames—when submitting photos to the form.
- Please note: All photographs will be reviewed by Tripod advisors, and Thornton Academy reserves the right to make all final publishing decisions.
- Senior Messages: Senior messages are a great way to send a last message to friends, family, teachers, or coaches!
- By Friday, November 20th: Students should submit their message or quote online by logging into their TA email and use the following link to enter their message/quote: https://forms.gle/fk9DcFmGturZLW1r5
- Please note: All messages or quotes will be reviewed by Tripod advisors, and Thornton Academy reserves the right to make all final publishing decisions.
Baby Ads: Baby ads give parents, siblings, grandparents, and others a space to talk about the pride they have for their student.
By Friday, November 20th: Submit your baby ad; submission by Nov. 20th guarantees a space in the yearbook.
Ads come in two sizes:
- 1/4 of a page $60 Can contain up to 5 images and a personal message
- 1/8 of a page $50 Can contain up to 3 images and a personal message
- ·Create Your Ad: To ensure baby ads come out right, ad purchasers will design their own ads using our yearbook ordering website: www.yearbookforever.com — When you log onto the website, search for “Thornton Academy”, then click on “Create a Baby Ad,” and follow the on-screen directions to create your ad.
- IMPORTANT: The ad blockers on your web browser must be turned OFF to access the Baby Ad builder.
- Watch our Baby Ad Tutorial! Too confusing? Need help? Watch our video tutorial!
- Check out www.thorntontripod.org to watch how to create a Baby Ad! We recommend creating your Baby Ad on a computer!
- We, unfortunately, cannot host our annual Baby Ad Night at school this fall. Please contact Mr. Pulsifer if you have any issues with creating your Baby Ad.
- You are also able to purchase add-ons for your book:
- Nameplate personalization for $7.00 Must be purchased by January 20, 2021
- Please note! We strongly encourage you to preorder your yearbook — order early to secure your copy!
- You may order using our vendor’s website! The cost of the yearbook is $70
PAYMENT OPTIONS: We regret that Tripod is not able to accept cash or checks for preorders. Yearbooks must be ordered with credit card payment through the yearbook vendor website. Order online at www.yearbookforever.com
If you have any questions, please contact Tripod faculty advisor Mr. Pulsifer (firstname.lastname@example.org).